Inspiring quote

I was Inspired by a Quote..
Here is a quote that inspired me to find my purpose and make my mark.


"Do not go where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

This quote helps me to see that I am in control of my own destiny, going with the flow is not a must.  It's kind of like being a leader and not a follower. Defining yourself by your own standards, not by someone else and what they think you should be.


I was thinking the other day when watching T.V. that the media and magazines portray beauty as being a certain size women with certain assets and a certain look, we've all seen the adds.  We may have even tried to live up to the image of beauty; but I can't help but wonder who is the person or people who determines what is beautiful and what beauty should look like? People spend so much time and money trying to conform to these images when they are already beautiful. I've seen people get plastic surgery to enhance and cut off and shape things and they end up looking worse rather than better. I don't think we are all suppose to look the same anyway. Instead of making ourselves look like someone else, why don't we just be the best us we can be. Make what you have work.
I think our self image has a lot to do with how successful we think we can be. How you see yourself could have a lot more to do with where you see yourself than you may realize. Don't allow your head to be filled with nonsense that has no orgin and cause you not to realize your potential. You decide what's beautiful without media influence then walk in that, and see how others began to want to be like you.
I have found that confidence is attractiveMy husband is most attractive when he is confident in hiself, he says the same about me.
Have you ever came across a good salesman who was selling something that you didn't think was such a big deal, but after he/she began to sells it and bring to light all of its attributes and functions, you began to think "Wow this is pretty cool!" kind of like those informercials! Well, this is what confidence does for us.  It enhances our personality and allows others to see how attractive we really are.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Charris,
I actually see the quote in comparison to Jesus saying to take the road less traveled. Anyway, I hear you on the beauty issue. I've got 2 things on this I'd like to share for inspiration:
1)I've always seen beauty like an egg. When you look at one, you have no idea what creature's inside it, for all you can see is the outer shell. But whatever's inside, grows, and when it becomes too big for the shell, it breaks its way out. Only then, will we recognize the creature from within. For when it begins from within, it can't help but grow, and it'll grow until it's too much to be held inside. And so only then will everybody totally recognize the beauty they possess, for it will shine so bright!
2)But now say you take an egg, poke a whole in either end and blow out the insides. You can design the outside all you like, but there's still nothing inside (it's a dead egg). It's just a pretty shell, but nothing inside...that's like the people who get all the plastic surgery to look "pretty". They can look good on the outside all they want, but there's nothing within. So their beauty is only skin deep.
3)The Bible tells us that we're all created in God's image. Saying to somebody (or yourself) that they're ugly is like telling God that He did a bad job of creating you/them. But when we see that we're beautifully and perfectly made, I wonder if our views of how we look on the outside would change, maybe even a little?

0h, hey, I've started up a new blog that I think you'll like: http://dearpastorandy.blogspot.com/
Please stop by sometime, and if you like it, leave a comment and send your friends. :)

Unknown said...

great post! I hate what the t.v. & magazines try to make you think & feel

Charris said...

Thanks for the comments!

Post a Comment

I love comments so keep them comming!

Need something to cook this week? Plan out your menu w/Charris

Inspire with Charris Headline Animator